|作者：自考命题… 文章来源：英语词汇网 点击数： 更新时间：2008-4-12||
Ⅰ. Each of the statements below is followed by four alternative answers. Choose the one that would best complete the statement and put the letter in the bracket. (30%)
1. According to the degree of similarity, homonyms can be classified into ( )
A. perfect homonyms
D. all the above
2. Transfer as a mode of semantic change can be illustrated by the example ( )
A. ad for “advertisement”
B. dish for “food”
C. fond for “affectionate”
D. an editorial for “an editorial article"
3. It is a general belief that the meaning does not exist in the word itself, but it rather spreads over ( )
A. the reader’s interpretation
B. the neighbouring words
C. the writer’s intention
D. the etymology of the word
4. Which of the following is a prefix of time and order?
5. Which of the following dictionaries is not a specialized dictionary?
A. The Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology
B. Chamber’s Encyclopedic English Dictionary
C. Longmont Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
D. Webster’s New Dictionary of Synonyms
6. Which of the following statements is Not true?
A. Reference is the relationship between language and the world.
B. The relationship between a word and its referent is arbitrary.
C. Concept is universal to all men alike.
D. Sense denotes the relationships outside the language.
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||