|作者：wanzn 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2008-11-26||
GRAMMAR AND. VOCABULARY ［15 MIN.］
There are twenty-five sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C. and D. Choose one word or phrase that best completes the sentence. Mark your answers on your answer sheet.
41. Acute hearing helps most animals sense the approach of thunderstorms long before people _________.
A. do B. hear C. do them D. hearing it
42. This is an illness that can result in total blindness _________ left untreated.
A. after B. if C. since D. unless
43. The central provinces have floods in some years, and _________.
A. drought in others B. droughts are others
C. while other droughts D. others in drought
44. Do help yourself to some fruit,_________ you?
A. can’t B. don’t C. wouldn’t D. won’t
45. There_________ nothing more for discussion, the meeting came to an end half an hour earlier.
A. to be B. to have been C. being D. be
46. My mother can’t get _________ because she has rheumatism (风湿病).
A. about B. on C. through D. in
47. I was very much put _________ by Mark’s rude behavior; it really annoy ed me.
A. over B. off C. up D. by
48. You _________ Jim anything about it. It was none of his business.
A. needn’t have told B. needn’t tell
C. mustn’t have told D. mustn’t tell
49. All of us would have enjoyed the party much more if there_________ quite such a crowd of people there.
A. weren’t B. hasn’t been C. hadn’t been D. wouldn’t be
50. Firms that use computers have found that the number of staff _________ quality control can be substantially reduced.
A. whose B. as C. what D. that
51. _________ at in this way, the present economic situation doesn’t seem so gloomy.
A. Looking B. Looked C. Having looked D. To look
52. Many people are _________ to insect bites, and some even have to go to hospital.
A. insensitive B. allergic C. sensible D. infected
53. When you’re driving on a motorway, you must obey the signs telling you to get into the right _________.
A. way B. track C. road D. lane
54. The motorist had to _________to avoid knocking the old woman down in the middle of the road.
A. swerve B. twist C. depart D. swing
55. In winter drivers have trouble stopping their cars from _________ on icy roads.
A. skating B. skidding C. sliding D. slipping
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||