|作者：wanzini 文章来源：net 点击数： 更新时间：2009-5-6||
16. The private life of having each individual make his or her own choice of beliefs and interest ________ without the overarching public world of the state, which sustains a structure of law appropriate to a self-determining association.
A. is not possible B. would not be possible
C. will not be possible D. cannot be possible
17. From Christianity and the barbarian kingdoms of the west emerged the medieval version of politics ________ in, turn evolved the politics of our modern world.
A. of which B. from which C. on which D. by which
18. The Portuguese give a great deal of credit to one man for having promoted sea travel, that man ________ Prince Henry the navigator, who lived in the 15th century.
A. was B. was called C. calling D. being
19. Grant was one of a body of men who were self-reliant ________, who cared hardly anything for the past but had a sharp eye for the future.
A. on themselves B. on not making a fault
C. to a fault D. to remain ahead
20. Huntington and many of its competitors are working to make remedial instruction a commodity as ________ and accessible as frozen yogurt.
A. ubiquitous B. rational C. necessary D. credible
21. The scheme for rebuilding the city center ________, owing to the refusal f a Council to sanction the expenditure of the money it would have required.
A. fell down B. fell off C. fell out D. fell flat
22. If they think they are going to win over us by obstinately ________ and refusing to make the slightest concession, they are mistaken.(from www.yywords.com)
A. holding out B. holding to C. holding over D. holding up
23. Tine possibility that the explosion was caused by sabotage cannot be ________.
A. broken out B. cancelled out C. ruled out D. wiped out
24. The ex-president had been ________ in the country to refresh his mind before he passed away.
A. given to walking B. given a walk C. given for a walk D. giving a walk
25. He did not relish appealing amongst his friends and ________ of their criticism or censure.
A. running short B. running out C. running the gauntlet D. running ahead
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||