|作者：wanzini 文章来源：net 点击数： 更新时间：2009-5-6||
16. The candidate has given a pledge that he will improve the local environment and invest doubly in education.
A. promise B. declaration
C. proposal D. possibility
17. There has always been an epldemic or bike stealing in schools.
A. a theft B. a punishment
C. a plague D. a crime
18. It is in Chongqing that the next international symposium on environmental protection will be held.
A. debate B. conference
C. seminar D. negotiation
19. Many people suspected the existence of extraterrestrial life.
A. snowman B. outside the earth
C. spiritual D. underworld
20. In case your liabilities outrun your assets, you may go bankrupt.(from www.yywords.com)
A. debt B. enterprise
C. controversy D. bondage
21. After the fierce quarrel, they began to have a ________ loathing for each other.
A. boring B. reciprocal
C. friendly D. standing
22. On the stage many pieces of blue silk were fluctuated to ________the sea waves.
A. simplify B. simulate
C. help D. like
23. The government lacked money because of biting oil________.
A. prices B. stations
C. buildings D. revenues
24. Though the policies of racial ________had been abolished, many whites in the South were still dubious about the safety of the communities.
A. segregation B. regulations
C. communism D. extinction
25. The proposal was accepted with ________ approval. Everybody believed it would help revive the national economy.
A. unanimous B. doubtful
C. pleasant D. searching
26. Many social services are provided by ________ societies and organizations that do not expect any material payment.
A. wealthy B. voluntary
C. helpful D. spiritual
27. In the packed hall, the people sitting close to me ________ me into the corner little by little.
A. dragged B. drew
C. frightened D. wedged
28. The police, trying to ________exactly who was at the party, are investigating every person concerned.
A. ascertain B. arrest
C. imagine D. count
29. If everybody has arrived the meeting may________ now.
A. commence B. criticize
C. comment D. conclude
30. The prodigal son ________his large inheritance in a few years of heavy spending.
A. inherited B. received
C. accumulated D. dissipated
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||