|作者：wanzini 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2009-5-7||
Beneath each of the following sentences, there are four choices marked [A], [B], [C] and [D]. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on ANSWER SHEET 1 by blackening the corresponding letter in the rackets with a pencil. (10 points)
The lost car of the Lees was found _________________ in the woods off the highway.
[A] vanished [B] scattered [C] abandoned [D] rejected
The sentence should read. "The lost car of the Lees was found abandoned in the woods off the highway. Therefore, you should choose [C].
11. He is too young to be able to _________________ between right and wrong.
12. It was no _________________ that his car was seen near the bank at the time of the robbery.
13. One of the responsibilities of the Coast Guard is to make sure that all ships ___________ follow traffic rules in busy harbors.
14. The Eskimo is perhaps one of the most trusting and considerate of all Indians but seems to be ____________ the welfare of his animals.
[A] critical about
[B] indignant at
[C] indifferent to
[D] subject to
15. The chairman of the board __________ on me the unpleasant job of dismissing good workers the firm can no longer afford to employ.
16. It is naive to expect that any society can resolve all the social problems it is faced with __________.
[A] for long
[B] in and out
[C] once for all
[D] by nature
17. Using extremely different decorating schemes in adjoining rooms may result in ___________ and lack of unity in style.
18. The Timber rattlesnake is now on the endangered species list, and is extinct in two eastern states in which it once __________.
19. However, growth in the fabricated metals industry was able to __________ some of the decline in the iron and steel industry.
20. Because of its intimacy, radio is usually more than just a medium; it is ___________.
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||