|作者：命题组 文章来源：net 点击数： 更新时间：2009-5-7||
I. Each of the statements below is followed by four alternative answers. Choose the one that best completes the statement and put the letter in the bracket. (30%)
1. Which of the following is NOT a rhetorical feature of idioms?（ ）
A. Phonetic manipulation.
B. Lexical manipulation.
C. Figures of speech.
D. Phrasal verbs.
2. The sentence “I like Mary better than you. ” is ambiguous due to _________. （ ）
A. extra-linguistic context
B. lexical context
C. grammatical context
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the obvious characteristics of the basic word stock?（ ）
D. All national character.
4. Which of the following is NOT considered as an inflectional affix?（ ）
5. The following are user-friendly features of Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, except _________. （ ）
A. extra column
B. clear grammar codes
C. usage notes
D. language notes
6. Which of the following is a case of suffixation? （ ）
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the main sources of new words?（ ）
A. The rapid development of modern science and technology.
B. Geographical and political changes.
C. The influence of other cultures and languages.
D. Social and economic changes.
8. Webster’s New World Dictionary is a(n) _________ dictionary. （ ）
9. Angel, martyr and paradise have their meanings _________ because of the influence of Christianity. （ ）
10. As far as denotation is concerned, relative synonyms may differ _________. （ ）
A. in the diachronic approach
B. in the stylistic and emotive colouring of words
C. in usage in simple terms
D. in the range and intensity of meaning
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||