|作者：命题组 文章来源：net 点击数： 更新时间：2009-5-7||
I. Each of the statements below is followed by four alternative answers. Choose the one that best completes the statement and put the letter in the bracket. (30%)
1. Words fall into the basic word stock and nonbasic vocabulary by _________. （ ）
A. use frequency
2. Words like bear, nut, knocked out can be categorized as _________. （ ）
3. Identify the word that is of Scandinavian origin among the following. （ ）
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true? （ ）
A. Old English was a highly inflected language.
B. Reviving archaic or obsolete words also contribute to the growth of English vocabulary
C. The word cloak is of French origin.
D. Modern English is a synthetic language.
5. The root of the word “antecedent” is _________. （ ）
6. Shortening a longer word by cutting a part off the original and using what remains is called _________. （ ）
7. Associative meaning of words comprises the following except _________. （ ）
A. connotative meaning
B. lexical meaning
C. affective meaning
D. collocative meaning
8. What is a common feature peculiar to all natural languages? （ ）
9. Which word that formerly meant animal, and later animal from Latin and beast from French found their way into English?（ ）
10. When a word with multiple meanings is used in an inadequate context, this word may create _________. （ ）
A. semantic motivation
11. Without _________, there is no way to determine the very sense of the word that the speaker intended to convey.
B. semantic unity
C. structural stability
D. stylistic feature
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||