|作者：华东政法… 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2009-6-28||
PART III GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
There are twenty-five sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A. B. C and D. Choose one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
31. Arriving at the bus stop, ________ waiting there.
A. a lot of people were B. he found a lot of people
C. a lot of people D. people were found
32. We can assign the task to ________ is capable and trustworthy.
A. whomever B. who
C. whom D. whoever
33. ________ regular training in nursing, she could hardly cope with the work at first.
A. Not received B. Since receiving
C. Having received D. Not having received
34. So badly ________ in the car accident that he had to stay in hospital for a few months.
A. did he injure B. injured him
C. was he injured D. he was injured
35. The country’s chief exports are coal, cars and cotton goods, cars ________ the most important of these.
A. have been B. are
C. being D. are being
36. It was recommended that passengers ________ smoke during the flight.
A. not B. need not
C. could not D. would not
37. Only take such clothes ________ really necessary.
A. as were B. as they are
C. as they were D. as are
38. ________ you were busy, I wouldn’t have bothered you with my questions.
A. If I realized B. Had I realized
C. I realized that D. As I realized
39. ________ is often the case with a new idea, much preliminary activity and optimistic discussion produced no concrete proposals.
A. That B. It
C. This D. As
40. Please dispose ________ those old newspapers while you’re cleaning up the room.
A. out B. of
C. away D. in
41. He was ________ admittance to the concert hall for not being properly dressed.
A. rejected B. denied
C. withheld D. deprived
42. The problem has ________ simply because you didn’t follow the instructions in the handbook.
A. assembled B. arisen
C. risen D. resulted
43. In the next few years major changes will be ________ in China’s industries.
A. brought forward B. brought about
C. brought on D. brought up
44. Judicious praise is to children ________ the sun to flowers.
A. like B. as
C. what D. that
45. We are in an ear of information procession ________ there are great opportunities for those who can qualify.
A. which B. when
C. that D. where
46. Although cats can’t see in complete darkness, their eyes are much more sensitive to light than ________.
A. are human eyes B. do human eyes
C. human eyes do D. human eyes can
47. Even as a girl, ________ to be her life, and theater audiences were to be her best teachers.
A. performing by Melissa were
B. it was known that Melissa’s performances were
C. knowing that Melissa’s performances were
D. Melissa knew that performing was
48. There is no doubt ________ the company has made the right decision on the sales project.
A. why B. that
C. whether D. when
49. He was ________ to tell the truth even to his closest friend.
A. too much of a coward B. too much the coward
C. a coward enough D. enough of a coward
50. Barry had an advantage over his mother ________ he could speak French.
A. since that B. in that
C. at that D. so that
51. You needn’t worry ________ regards the cost of the operation.
A. with B. which
C. as D. about
52. The team’s efforts to score were ________ by the opposing goalkeeper.
A. frustrated B. prevented
C. discouraged D. accomplished
53. Being colour-blind, Sally can’t make a ________ between red and green.
A. difference B. distinction
C. comparison D. division
54. You must insist that students give a truthful answer ________ with the reality of their world.
A. relevant B. simultaneous
C. consistent D. practical
55. He drank his beer and ________ reading the paper.
A. proceeded B. advanced
C. confronted D. resumed
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||