|作者：中国科学… 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2009-6-28||
Directions: Choose the word or expression below each sentence shot best completes the statement, and mark the corresponding letter of your choice with a single bar across the square brackets on your Machine-scaring Answer Sheet,
21. His trick convinced none but the most __________.
A. credulous B. plausible
C. trustworthy D. feasible
22. Many people proposed that a national committee be formed to discuss __________ to existing mass transit systems.
A. substitutes B. measures
C. duplicates D. alternatives
23. He is a hypocrite, a liar, a thief __________, he is the greatest devil I ever know.
A. as a consequence B. as a rule
C. as a matter of fact D. as a matter of routine
24. Since she was alone, she opened the door __________, leaving the chain lock fastened.
A. warily B. consciously
C. audaciously D. recklessly
25. In the last few minutes the conversation has become seemingly __________ as if the discussion were of some minor domestic matter and not survival itself,
A. crucial B. central
C. casual D. causal
26. I didn’t listen to Mom and 1 was not surprised at the look of __________ on her face.
A. indifference B. compliment
C. negligence D. reproach
27. The victims of drunken driving in America over the past decade __________ an incredible 250,000, with three killed every hour of every day on average.
A. Sake up B. add up to
C. count for D. turn out to
28. He is believed to have been shot by a rival gang in __________ for the shootings last week.
A. revenge B. reserve
C. reverse D. remedial
29. These pollutants can be __________ hundreds and even thousands of kilometers by large air masses.
A. contained B. conveyed
C. contaminated D. conserved
30. There are a few small things that I don’t like about my job, but __________ it’s very enjoyable.
A. all at once B. once and for all
C. so much as D. by and large
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||