|作者：中国人民… 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2009-6-28||
Part A (5 points)
Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences, there are four choices marked iL B, C arm 1). Choose the: one that best completes the sentence and mark the corresponding letter with a single bar across the square bracket on ANSWER SHEET 1.
She prefers foreign wine to that produced__________.
A. previously B. virtually
C. primarily D. domestically
The sentence should read, “She prefers foreign wine to that produce domestically.” Therefore, you should choose D.
1. International sport should create goodwill between the nations, but in the present organization of the Olympics somehow encourages __________ patriotism.
A. obsolete B. aggressive
C. harmonious D. amiable
2. One call understand others much better by noting the immediate and fleeting reactions of their eyes and __________ to expressed thoughts.
A. dilemmas B. countenances
C. concessions D. junctions
3. People innately ________ for superiority over their peers although it sometimes takes the form of an exaggerated lust for power.
A. strive B. ascertain
C. justify D. adhere
4. Some scientists have suggested that Earth is a kind of, zoo or wildlife for intelligent space beings, like the wilderness areas we have set up on earth to allow animals to develop naturally while we observe them.
A. conservation B. maintenance
C. storage D. reserve
5. According to the latest report, consumer confidence __________ a breathtaking 15 points. last month, to its lowest level in 9 years.
A. soared B. mutated
C. plummeted D. fluctuated
6. Melissa is a computer__________ that destroyed files in computers and frustrated thousands of users around the world.
A. genius B. vires
C. disease D. bacteria
7. The emphasis: on examinations is by far the worst form of competition in schools.
A. negligent B. edible
C. fabulous D. disproportionate
8. The boy seemed more ________ to their poverty, after seeing how his grandparents lived.
A. reconciled B. consolidated
C. deteriorated D. attributed
9. During his two-month stay, in China, Tom never________ a chance to practice his Chinese.
A. passed on B. passed up
C. passed by D. passed out
10. When a person dies, his debts must be paid before his ________ can be distributed.
A. paradoxes B. legacies
C. platitudes D. analogin
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||