|作者：wanzini 文章来源：net 点击数 更新时间：2009-05-06 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
PART II STRUCTURE & VOCABULARY
Directions: Choose the word or expression below each sentence that best completes the statement, and mark the corresponding letter of your choice with a single bar across the square brackets on your Machine-scoring Answer Sheet.
16. He gave me a lot of help in my work, so I have to _________ my success to him.
A. grant B. ascribe
C. commit D. submit
17. It is well known that the first _________ can only work hard planting young trees for a new business, while the following people may obtain the successful fruits.
A. practitioners B. amateurs
C. forerunners D. managers
18. The honest journalist has kept investigating that high rank official for a long time, and he felt very happy when that fellow’s corrupt scandal _________ at last.
A. got to light B. stood in light
C. came to light D. looked in light
19. The Minister’s answer led to an _________ outcry from the Opposition.
A. impressive B. evasive
C. intensive D. amusive
20. The old gentleman _________ to be an old friend of his grandfather’s.
A. turned in B. turned over
C. turned up D. turned out
21. The rules stated that anyone who had held office for three years was not _________ for re-election.
A. admirable B. eligible
C. reliable D. capable
22. I feel very sad that the young man’s energetic initiative _________ with nothing in the experiment, for he met a lot of interference from the powerful authority.
A. burned up B. tuned up
C. pushed up D. ended up
23. We were politely _________ by an armed guard and warned not to take pictures.
A. assigned B. allowed
C. accepted D. assisted
24. The recovery and _________ of the country’s economy has also been accompanied by increasing demands for high quality industrial sites in attractive locations.
A. renewal B. revival
C. recession D. relief
25. In fact the purchasing power of a single person’s pension in Hong Kong was only 70 per cent of the _________ value of the Singapore pension.
A. equivalent B. similar
C. consistent D. identical
26. It seems a reasonable rule of thumb that any genuine offer of help and support from people or organizations will be accompanied by a name and address, and a willingness to be _________ as to their motive in making contact.
A. seen through B. checked out
C. touched on D. accounted to